1 . Having a full-blown conversation out loudonly to realize that youre genuinely bouncing ideas off of your dog.
2 . And then you catch yourself waiting for their response.
3. And generating your opinion based on their facial expression, their bark, or the adorable cock of their fuzzy head.
4. Constantly pulling dog hair out of your clothes, your hair, your sheets, sometimes even your teeth.
5. Spending so much money on air freshener and candles because you dont want your house to smell like a kennel.
6. Spending even MORE money on organic food and treats, and then you joke about how your pet eats better than you. (But its not a joke. Its for real. )
7. Not even being fazed about letting them eat a bite of your pasta off of your fork.
8. Considering letting them lick the plates clean before the dishes go into the dishwasher a necessary step in the cleaning process.
9. Sleeping cuddled up in a corner of your bed like a peasant because SOMEONE has claimed the rest of it.
10. Even though youve spent a pretty penny on a dog bed just for them, it now collects dust in the corner or is only utilized when theyre in trouble for all of 5 minutes.
11. Flirting with someone cute at the dog park, and it dawns on you that youre holding an actual bag of shit that you need to toss.
12. Having to shrug your shoulders and apologize when your dog barks at a baby.
13. Feeling genuine panic while WebMDing symptomsfor your dogbecause they dont seem normal.
14. Kissing your puppy on the mouth after which realizing how gross youre being.
15. But honestly not caring at all because its so SWEET.
16. Having a full-blown guilt session filled with actual remorse every time you accidentally run into them or step on them.
17. Handing someone your phone and getting a side eye because every photo in your camera is of one’s dog doing some variation of the same cute pose.
18. Genuinely calling them your best friendin front of your human best friend.
19. Saying, Im sorry! over and over and over again while bathing them, while internally laughing at how ridiculous they look in the tub.
20. Secretly thinking that anyone who says theyre a cat person is really missing out.
21. Affirmatively stating that you like dogs (especially your own) more than people. And being 110% serious.
22. Getting caught by better dog owners at the park while yours is misbehaving, and looking just like a fool while they run away from you when youre screaming Come here!!!!
23. Not even hesitating to answer, My dog, duh. When your S/O asks who you love more.
24. Finding dog hair in your food, and eating it anyway.
25. Moving to the other side of the couch because your dog wanted your spot, and its just not worth the guilt trip.
26. Loving your pet so much (like so , so , therefore , so , SO much) that it actually overwhelms you. And you feel stupidly lucky for having that ball of love, dog hair, and awesomeness in your life.
This Post Was Produced In Partnership With Tito’ s Handmade Vodka